Thursday 5 March 2015

Question 5 of evaluation


5. How did you attract/address your audience?

To attract my audience, I had to take in a few different factors such as, the magazine’s look, direct mode of address, and a little something for everyone to attract many different people of different age groups. In doing my research and survey, I had to Identify and extract the information requested of me for a preferred magazine theme and look. Some audiences look for a dark theme and some are attracted to colours, so I had to come out with a way to perfectly express both without going overboard. Looking into the conventions of a rock magazine was easy given there were so many of them. After looking into all the conventions and types of rock there are, I have managed to mimic the conventions adding to my own house style. There are some stereotypes of rock I the conventions of my magazine, some dominant and some challenging. My biggest challenge was making the drawings to look like they belonged to the rock genre, But this type of art appeals to those who both love rock, anime and comics all mixed into one, with the serious attributes of what makes rock the way it is. It wasnt just looking into the dominant and challenging representations of rock music and following up on it, It was through research and development that I found a whole tree filled with the many branches of rock from sort core to heavy metal, there is a great many of the rock genre to take into account. In developing my music magazine, I managed to find a compromise to this and settle where it is just right, Not too soft for the hardcore rockers, But not too hard for those with a slightly classical approach such as the band 'Red' compared to 'Bullet for my Valentine'





No comments:

Post a Comment