Tuesday 10 February 2015

Creating the contents page

Creating the contents page pretty much flows the same format as the front cover, So I will present images to show you the initial changes made.

I first had to draw and colour the image, but I drew this approximately two years ago so its just an old image now. Turning it into an A page for Photoshop was simple and necessary for me to start my over all designs.

The next piece of the project was simple enough, I simply had to add text. For this I used the Photoshop text box with the font 'Sean of the dead' size 36.

Next I had to add the black bar across the page. This was done using the rectangle tool and making a thin and long rectangle stretched across the page so that the name of the magazine and issue number as well as page number can complete the design.

Here's where it all gets messy, It was during the procedure of this that I learned placement of font is the key feature of producing a masterpiece.

The black box is simply to make the text stand out so that it can be read, I am yet to learn how to manipulate shapes and texts to make a successful piece.

In making this contents page and looking at its over all construction, i had hellp in recreating my magazine to look more appealing. So, Here are the steps to recreating my contents page.

The first thing I did was shift the main image to the left so that laying out the rest of the page would be easier and more attractive.


As you can see, this is what happens just from shifting the image to the left, It opens up allot more space for you to ad the necessary components for this page.

from here on, I begin to add the cover page stars and the features and regulars of this mag.

 Now the page is beginning to look less of a mess, and more professional. Guidelines can take you a long way.

Next was adding coloured text boxes. It focuses your eye on all of what is going on and that is how you know you are doing the right thing.
I then begin to add all the other features such as the contents of the magazine as a whole before assigning the bands and pages they can be visited on.

Which brings us to what our page currently looks like as of this moment in time.

What i am looking to do is add a background box to the text so that it is easier readable. I will then add images from my photo shoot so that this magazine isn't purely cartoon manga.

No comments:

Post a Comment