Tuesday 10 February 2015

Creation of the front cover

These images all show the production of my front cover of my initial music mag.





I opened up the image on an A4 page on Photoshop software. This is of a drawing I have done using an image I have used from my photo shoot.







I then added text to make the magazine title. This text was made using a Photoshop text box and used a font known as Lycanthorpe. The smaller text and bigger texts are actually separate creations that I later on merged together.




Adding text to make the sell lines was the easy part, Later on, I came to add images and features of the initial mag.

As demonstrated in the following images of the front page construction...









  
some of the band names on the front cover are made to sound like actual existing bands, But the truth is that only a few of them are existing bands in the world today, With some of the others being names I have heard from other people. However, This does not change the conventions of the magazine.

Later on, these features where changed. How? The background had to be shot. I decided to go with a dark forest background to further emphasize the mood of the theme. The fonts on the writing have been changed and the layout ha been completely re arranged.

No comments:

Post a Comment